Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Peas and Ane Oow

I know it's been a while but it's been busy here in the Hemphill house. We have the tree up and decorated. So far the only thing Sydney cares to do with the tree is pull off a jingle bell ornament and shake it for a good 5 minutes then drop it wherever she happens to be at the 5 minute mark. She does, however enjoy pulling the bows off of the presents very much! I'm going to wait till Christmas Eve to put bows on any more of the packages.

Sydney has used the sign for please for a while now and she also blows kisses to say thank you but the other day she tried something different. She dropped her sippie cup while sitting in her high chair and did the typical reach and whine. I told her she needed to say please and rather than showing me the sign she said "peas". As a mom who is worried about the lack of words my child uses I must say this made me ecstatic. The next day she said "ane oow" (thank you) after I gave her the book she was reaching for. Maybe I shouldn't be so worried after all. Apparently she is going to talk one of these days.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Mrs. Sweet Line said...

That is so fun she's saying words! She'll prolly beings saying TONS more by the time I see her in a matter of days! :)