Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My New Life

Well I'm living up to my promise; I'm still not that good at posting things on a regular basis. It's been about a month since my last post though, so I figure it's time to write again. Oh the things I do (and don't do) that I never imagined...
We dedicated Sydney at church this past Sunday. All weekend long I was praying that she wouldn't scream during the event. The morning did not start off well at all, she refused to eat before we left and spent the drive to church fussing. When we got settled inside I tried to give her a bottle in hopes she would eat and thus be happy during her dedication. Again she decided she wanted nothing to do with eating. Needless to say I was beyond worried that my child would be the one that everyone was talking about because of her crying during the dedication.
Very thankfully though, she was not that child. She didn't even whine while we were in front of the church nor did she get upset when we handed her to the pastor. I never thought a three minute event would get me so worked up.


Napping after a long day

Sydney also laughed for the first time on this same afternoon. I was sitting on the couch having one of the many intelligent conversations I carry on with my daughter when she made a very funny face at me. I started to laugh and she let out a short but very sweet giggle. Oh the little things that excite me these days.

Sydney at 3 months

Very sadly she has also started teething. I hadn't really read up on this at all, mostly because I thought I still had several months before I would have to deal with this. I'm not really sure why I thought I would have so much time to prepare for this seeing as this is my first child and I have no other experience in this department but whatever the reason I was very wrong. So needless to say I haven't slept through the night in about 3 weeks now and every night I wonder how much longer this will go on.


Maybe one of these days I will have something to say that doesn't completely revolve around my daughter. But, since the majority of my new life revolves around her you may have to keep reading about her for a while. If you ever get tired of it you can just stop reading because lets face it, I'll never know the difference. :)





Photobucket

2 comments:

McCullough Family said...

Kristen- you are funny! So glad she did well at Church. We were at home with a sick Luke..ugh! How exciting that she has laughed! It only gets better!

Alicia said...

Isn't it funny how stressful we make things like the baby dedication? And you know what else is funny? As many dedications as I've witnessed, I can't remember a single baby crying...
I know it sounds cliche, but hang in there, it does get better. And the sleepless nights go away- for a time- and then they come back again:) (From my *limited* experience, it was better after the first or second tooth...)
She really is too precious!