Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Catching Up and Growing Up

Everyone says they grow up so fast and they were correct. I packed up all of the newborn clothes last week and we officially moved on to size 1 diapers. She went to the nursery at church for the first time last Sunday and she has been in her own room for three weeks now. I must admit the last two were harder on me than on her. She wasn't fazed at all about moving into her own room, but I have managed to decrease the number of times I check on her throughout the night to two or three.


Her smiles are my absolute favorite thing in the world right now


We went on our first trip as a family several weeks ago. We DROVE to Tennessee for my uncle's wedding. Luckily for us she was absolutely fantastic throughout the whole trip. I didn't put her in her car seat for a week after we got back, though.

Hanging out in the car for the 12 hour drive

Our little family


She made a friend at the wedding and they even have the same birthday


Sydney had her first "play date" yesterday. Let's face it though for the next six plus months these play dates are really going to be more for my sake than anything. It was a lot of fun to see her with some of the girls she's going to be growing up with, though.

I will admit that having Sydney has softened me. But I couldn't be happier with my current circumstances.



Photobucket

1 comment:

McCullough Family said...

They are soooo cute together! I love it! When Luke was about 10 wks old, we drove to Montana for a family camping trip at Glacer National Park...people thought we were crazy, but he was perfect. We would NEVER do that now!