Friday, April 10, 2009

Duplies

Yes, that is right Duplies. Instead of roomies we called ourselves Duplies. In college I, along with several other Campbell family members, and several other friends lived in the Campbell Family duplex. The term duplies covered the actual roommates whom you shared 1 side of the duplex with along with the members of the other side of the duplex. There were never less than 6 of us living here and there were more often than not 7 or more of us. I occupied the 1508 side along with my cousin Caroline, and a dear friend that she introduced me to our first semester of college, Jessica. My sister and several other girls lived on the 1510 side, until my last semester of school when my sister moved over to 1508 with me.

We each had keys to the other side incase of emergency, and on one occasion, a prank war that got completely out of control. That ended with 1508 switching off the electricity to 1510 and then pad locking the electrical box to keep them from turning it back on. You wouldn't believe some of the other things that we did during that 3 day prank war. Because I don't have the permission of all the other duplies I can't write about some of those things and post online but feel free to ask me anytime. There were some very creative things done over those days.

This past weekend 4 of us got together here and spent several days and VERY late nights reminiscing and catching up. I always knew during college how blessed I was to have such wonderful roommates but I was again reminded this weekend of how God placed the perfect people in my life for those years. I learned so much from these ladies and could not imagine my life today without them. No, things were not always perfect. I mean I did wake up one morning to the milk in the cereal cabinet and the cereal in the fridge (I love you Line) and then there was more than 1 morning that the coffee pot was sitting next to the coffee maker and coffee was all over the cabinet and kitchen floor (I love you too Coco) but really this was nothing compared to some of the horror stories my friends would tell me about their roommates. And these things make great stories now that we all love to laugh about, really I think we laughed then too. :)

The duplies have several babies now, two of which got to meet this weekend. And I'm pretty sure Coco is going to be the next to make an announcement. ;) Don't worry I didn't put a time frame on that one sweetie. That new car looked pretty good with a car seat in it, though. :)

Here are a few pictures from our little event.



It was wonderful ladies!! We'll have to do this again but much sooner next time.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Mrs. Juicebox said...

Yay! It was soooo good to see you guys and the new babies. We'll definitely do it sooner, we'll see you in May and I think Amy might be in the Austin area in June - if you want to come down!

Laura said...

I would love to hear some of those stories...haha! I'm sure that was an amazing time in your lives. Seeing this post gives me hope that my friends and former roommates and I will keep in touch. Thanks for posting! Hope you all had an incredible time together!

Mrs. Juicebox said...

I meant July, Amy will be in the area in July! I can't keep my J months in order! Again, thanks for putting me up, I'm so excited to see you guys soon!