Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Little Late, I Know

Well she turned 10 months old about a week and a half ago but it's been a busy week and a half, so I'm just now getting to the post. We'll see how long it takes me to get this up. It's 7:10 right now.

Sydney is becoming such a little talker these days. She has started using "two syllable words". BaNa, LaMa, BaWl and a few others that I really have no clue about. She will sing to the radio sometimes when we're driving. And she most definitely has learned the word NO. Her favorite time to use it is during a meal when I put vegetables in front of her and when she has to be cleaned off after eating. On the flip side though, when I tell her no she laughs and laughs like I'm playing a game with her. Oh goodness we are in for some fun times.

7:13 and my child is demanding I get her out of bed now. More to come during morning nap...

Some of her favorites right now include playing with balls which I think is one of her words(BaWl) not sure though. She very much enjoys crawling and walking the length of the couch. Jeremy started letting her do this a few weeks ago and puts pillows on the floor just in case she falls/rolls off. I think she really just enjoys being able to throw herself down on the soft surface, an activity she discovered was possible one Saturday morning when she woke up entirely too early and we brought her to bed with us. She absolutely loves the dish washer. I'll put some plastic dishes on the bottom shelf for her and she will take them out and put them back in repeatedly while I work on cleaning or dinner prep. Another favorite is pulling all of her books out of her book basket. She does not however put these back in.

We moved her into her big(and when I say big I do mean big) car sear about a week ago. That has made a very big difference in travel. I think she really enjoys being able to see out the back window rather than staring at the back of the seat all the time. She has also become very proficient at turing the lights out when we leave a room. This is something her daddy taught her. He hates it when lights are left on when no one is in the room. Maybe one day he'll be able to teach me. :) She takes about 5 steps at a time now. Crawling is still her primary method of movement, though. I almost wish she would move to walking all together though, I think it would be easier to catch her, she is crazy fast crawler.

I'll leave you with some pictures then I'm off to tackle the two weeks worth of laundry I've been putting off. Time 10:23 that took just over 3 hours better than I thought.

Having fun before bed.

Playin' around in daddy's clothes!

Playin' around with daddy

This is what happens when daddy puts the bow in my hair.
Photobucket

No comments: