Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Funny Things

Well I still haven't figured out how to change the layout on this thing and it doesn't look like that will be happening anytime soon but you will get a post tonight.

So I'm not going to post the marathon pictures that I should because that would go all the way back to Christmas and that would just be brutal as it takes close to a minute and a half to post a picture on blogger. But I will try to put some from the last few months on FB so if you want the pictures that's where they will be.

So, I've started potty training Sydney. Nothing hard core or anything but she does sit on the potty a couple times a day. Last night was our first successful sitting escapade. She had been on the potty for close to 3 minutes(I will try to leave her sitting as long as she will hold out for, typically less than the 3 minute mark) when her face started to changes shades a bit. I got so excited and coaxed her for another minute or two and sure enough she took care of business!!! She got a few pieces of cinnamon toast crunch(the organic whole wheat version anyway) as her reward, which she loved. She went straight to her bath after that and apparently I didn't keep her on the potty long enough because 2 minutes into her bath she finished taking care of her business. I'm sure this is just the first of many crazy potty training moments.

Sydney has really started putting things together. It surprises me every time I realize what she's figured out. We started using cloth diapers for Sydney when she was about 5 months, after she had been eating solids for a while. So the other day she is standing at the laundry room door continuously saying bye bye, bye bye, I didn't really think much of it because we were about to leave, I was gathering my things, purse, keys, sippie cup, etc and then we were out the door. The next day she does the same thing, I was still about 15 minutes from being ready to leave though. I couldn't figure out why she was at the door, I hadn't started gathering anything yet so what was it? Day 3 of this and I finally put it together, after I put on a disposable diaper so goes to the door and is ready to "bye bye". When did my daughter get smart enough to figure out she wears different diapers when we leave home????? I am afraid I'm going to be in trouble in a few years and very serious trouble in about 15 years!!

So I'll leave you with some pictures from our family photo shoot. Yes, it was before Christmas but I figured I should still get them up. So here they are.




Photobucket

4 comments:

Alicia said...

The associations they start to make now really are amazing (and sometimes off the wall,lol). Your family pictures are beautiful! I especially love the black and white one.

Rusty and Jennifer said...

BEAUTIFUL Pics!!!

Unknown said...

These pictures are PRECIOUS!

Let me know if you want to change your layout!!! I can do something completely different!

Mrs. Sweet Line said...

Your family pics and your new FB pics are so fun! Loved reading the update - I didn't know you also used cloth diapers???!!! Also, go Sydney for sitting and "going" on the potty!