Thursday, November 12, 2009

Random

I don't typically do much cleaning while Sydney is awake but on this particular day I did. I was amazed at how quickly this little girl picked up on what I was doing! On that same note I was changing her diaper today and she reached beside her and touched the top of the lotion bottle with her finger twice. Then she proceeded to rub her little hands together!!! She did this every other time that I changed her diaper today. Really, now??? I'm going to have to start being really careful about what I do around this little one. I know everyone says this, but I have now seen it in action. Your children do what you do!! And as soon as she starts talking I'm sure she will be saying exactly what I say, heaven help me!

Sydney had her first trip to the zoo on Tuesday with our play group. She did very well, I was a bit worried since she has a 2.1 second attention span. Her favorite exhibit was the penguins, sadly those pictures didn't turn out as I forgot to turn off the auto flash, but here are a few others.

Playin on the alligator


Checking out the Meerkats

Playing on the reptile exhibit

Sydney got these Alphabooks for her birthday. There are 26 little books, one for each letter of the alphabet. She absolutely loves these! She takes each of them out of the box, one at a time, then puts each of them back into the box, one at a time. Yesterday while she was pulling them out she actually stopped long enough between books to let me read through one before she moved on, we made it through five books!! This is fantastic for my little girl, she is a mover and has never been able to make it through an entire book, unless she has a bottle. Just another reminder that she is growing up. It's so much fun but still a little sad.


Jeremy and I got Sydney her first doll for her birthday. We got her a bath baby because bath time is one of her favorite times of the day. As soon as we got the baby out of the box she was hugging it. It was so sweet. I named her baby Matilda. I don't remember where that name came from but I'd been brainstorming for several days (thanks Julia:) ) on what to name her and that's the name that stuck.

Sydney has become more affectionate towards Jeremy and I lately. She has given us kisses since she was 6 months old but now she's started hugging(lasting hugs) us and laying her head on our shoulder while she talks or sings to us. I can't imagine out lives without the hugs of this precious little girl.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Laura said...

Kristin, your posts make me smile! I love reading them. Thanks for updating us on Sydney! It's been so neat watching her grow up even from far away. :) Can't wait to see y'all at Christmas.