Tuesday, November 3, 2009

One Year

November 4, 2008
Less than an hour old

Getting ready to go home

I'm sure everyone starts their "1 Year" post this way but I really can't believe this little girl has been in our lives for a whole year! It's been a crazy year but I have loved having this little girl in my life. She is my little mover, from the time she was six weeks old she has had the need to move and see everything around her. Now that she's walking, and really she's almost started running, there is not a waking moment that this girl is still. This makes life very interesting. I have to keep the pantry (one of her favorite places to play) open and Tupperware on the bottom rack of the dishwasher (another of her favorite places to play) in order to get the 5 minutes I need to make lunch.
My strong willed girl is definitely going to give me a challenge this coming year. Currently she laughs at me when I tell her "no" and swat her hand. She does not, however, laugh at her daddy when he tells her "no". He doesn't even have to be half as firm in his tone as I get and that little girl is in tears (it breaks my heart when she cries like that). Sadly enough due to this issue in our household we have had to make a Mr. Sad. I've only had to use it twice, but I don't expect I will be as lucky in the coming year.
She makes us laugh all the time. She will do something she thinks it funny then get a huge grin across her face and wait for us to laugh. She climbs in and off of everything. We finally had to get rid of the exersuacer because she was using it as a jungle gym. She loves to play outside and go for walks. She also loves to explore and has become comfortable enough in her abilities that she will explore any place we go (only when she can get away from me).
We love this little girl more than anything in the world though, and while it's not going to be easy I can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the second year of our daughters life.
Always on the move

My sweet little girl!

We love you Sydney Ann, and thank the Lord everyday for giving you to us.
Happy First Birthday!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Karrie Cox said...

What in the world is a Mr. Sad????????????????

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Sydney!!! And, I second Karrie's question: what is a Mr. Sad?

Karrie Cox said...

Oh yeah! Happy Birthday pretty girl!!! :-)