Friday, April 9, 2010

Our Not So Little Girl

Sydney has started talking like crazy at home. She's still a little shy in public and when she's around people she's not familiar with but overall she is just a little talking machine. Just this week she starting using a few two word "sentences" like baba eess(banana please) and it dow(sit down). She uses the previous statement every time she wants her shoes on, which is every waking moment. I'm not sure when my shoe fetish began, but I'm pretty sure I was a few years older than this little girl is. I dread the day when we have to go into a shoe store together!


A few months after Sydney started walking, which was WAY too early, we taught her where her clothes went when she was getting ready for her bath. She's done a great job of continuing to put her clothes(and other things, such as her shoes and hair bows) in the hamper. Some days when I'm folding laundry if I don't get it folded and put away quickly enough Sydney feels the need to assist me with the process. When I make it back into the living room, after completing what ever task it was that distracted me from finishing the laundry in the first place, my folded stacks of clean clothes will by smaller than they were when I initially became distracted. Then Sydney will appear from her room with a proud look on her little face because she just helped mommy with the laundry. She helps me by taking her clean folded clothing and puts it into her laundry hamper. I guess we didn't make it clear that only clothes you've been wearing go in the hamper. :) It's now a running joke in our house that whenever something goes missing we tell the person to check Sydney's hamper. We have found several missing items this way, however.

Here are a few pictures from an early Easter celebration. It turned out to be a good thing that we celebrated with family early because Sydney got her first ear infection Easter weekend and we spent the next several days at home due to the fairly consistent clingyness and crying that were taking place.







Photobucket

No comments: